Welcome to the search website for the Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Drake University.
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Drake University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Drake is a private, fully accredited university of approximately 5,000 students located in Des Moines, the capital city of Iowa. Drake University is committed to the continued development of a diverse learning community integrating liberal arts and professional preparation through a broad range of educational programs and experiences.
The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers an accredited Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree as well as a B.S. in Health Sciences. Joint programs are available with Law (PharmD/JD) and Business (PharmD/MBA, PharmD/MPA). The college has an enrollment of 940 students and employs approximately 40 FTE faculty and 14 FTE staff.
The Dean provides leadership and vision for the College in the context of the University’s strategic plan and institutional goals, and administers the affairs and operations of the College. The Dean oversees the recruitment, retention, development, and performance of the faculty and supports and motivates the faculty and staff in educating, recruiting, and retaining students. The Dean reports to the Provost and is part of the university-wide leadership team.
The University seeks to appoint a Dean of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences with the following qualifications:
- PharmD or PhD with a record commensurate with the rank of tenured Professor in the College. Consideration will also be given to candidates without these academic credentials if they possess exceptional accomplishments and leadership skills within the profession.
- A clear vision for the future of practice, education and research in pharmacy and health sciences that reflects a commitment to the liberal education of undergraduate and professional students.
- Collaborative style of leadership as demonstrated by consensus building and achievements with groups and agencies across disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to support and promote scholarly initiatives in professional practice, education, and the basic and applied sciences.
- Interest and ability to enhance the network of alumni, students, donors, board members, and the professional and localcommunity to facilitate program development, recruiting, and fundraising.
- Administrative and budgetary experience at the level of department chair, Associate Dean, Dean, or equivalent experience.
To apply, please respond to the above qualifications by providing a detailed letter describing relevant experiences. Please also include a current curriculum vitae, and names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of five professional references. Materials should be submitted on-line to https://drake.HireTouch.com/.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to:
Robert Soltis, Ph.D., CPHS Dean Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be assured full consideration, applications must be received by November 1, 2012. Position will remain open until filled.
More information about the dean search, the College and Drake University can be found at www.drake.edu/cphs
Drake University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks applicants who reflect the diversity of the nation.